CRM-guided WisePlatform directs all functionalities and collects all events into contact-specific history, where they can be verified according to GDPR guidelines.
- Data Controller
- Person and/or contact person responsible for registry matters
- Registry name
- How is your personal information used
- What kind of personal information do we collect about you?
- Regular sources of information
- To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- Do we transfer your personal information outside the EU area?
- How long is your information retained?
- How is your personal information protected?
- Your rights as our customer
- Can this Privacy Statement be changed?
1. Data controller
Luotsinmäenpuistokatu 2, 28100 Pori
Business ID: 2480579-4
2. Person and/or contact person responsible for registry matters
3. Registry name
Customer information registry based on the customer relationship and other relevant connections to WiseNetwork Oy.
4. How your personal information is used
- Managing, analyzing, and improving customer, member, and stakeholder relationships
- Offering and developing products and services
- Processing, delivering, and archiving orders
- Analytics and statistical purposes
- Implementing and monitoring customer, member, and marketing communications
- Handling, analyzing, and statistical reporting of customer feedback, surveys, and research results
- Prevention and resolution of misconduct and problematic situations.
The legal basis for processing personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes one of the following:
- Individual's consent
- Legal obligation
- Legitimate interest
5. What kind of personal information do we collect about you?
The registry may contain the following information and their change details:
Customer's basic information
- Name details
- Contact information (postal address, email addresses, phone numbers)
- Date of birth
- Information about the professional position or role of contact persons for corporate clients
- Unique identifiers for the customer
- Personal identification number
- Customer number
- Registration information for the controller's services (e.g., usernames and passwords for online store and background system service)
- Identifiers used in targeted marketing
Information related to customer relationships and other relevant connections, as well as the use of services and content, including:
- Purchase-related information, such as details of purchased products and services, including warranty information, as well as necessary information related to payment, billing, and debt collection, such as credit card information.
- Information related to the use of products, including feedback and complaints.
- Information about events and training participation.
- Location data (if the customer has given explicit consent for this).
- Browsing information and other data related to the use of the controller's electronic services and content, including browsing data and other information sent by the registered user's browser to the controller's server (IP address, browser), as well as cookies sent to the registered user's browser and related information, if cookies contain personal information.
- Marketing and sales promotion-related information, such as targeted marketing actions, their utilization, the information provided in connection with them, and direct marketing permissions and prohibitions.
- Recordings of customer service calls and email and online conversations related to customer service, for example, on social media channels
- Information related to the customer is collected directly from the customer during the contract initiation, in the 'My Account' section of the online service, during the use of products and services, and in connection with customer service interactions. Additionally, customer information is obtained when the customer participates in product and service development, surveys, or inquiries.
- Personal information may also be collected and updated from other registries of the data controller and companies within the same group at any given time. Furthermore, personal information may be obtained from authorities and companies providing services related to personal data, such as the population information system and other similar registers.
8. To whom do we disclose your personal data?
The data controller may share the personal data of individuals participating in the data controller's events, at their discretion, with other participants in the event, if it is appropriate due to the nature of the event.
After the termination of a relevant relationship, the data controller may transfer data to their own direct marketing register within the limits permitted by law.
The data controller may share your personal information with third parties providing services to the data controller. These services may include, for example, customer service, software services, research activities, marketing, and event production. The data controller may share your personal information to collect payments for products and services and may transfer or sell unpaid invoices to third-party debt collection service providers.
Personal data is not routinely disclosed for purposes other than those mentioned above. However, the data controller is entitled, in accordance with the legislation, to disclose personal data in situations such as business sales. In addition, the data controller may disclose information for statistical and analytical purposes in a way that the disclosed data cannot be linked to an individual.
9. Do we transfer your personal data outside the EU?
When providing services, the data controller may utilize resources and servers located around the world. Consequently, the data controller may transfer your personal data outside the country where the services are used, potentially including countries outside the EU with different data protection legislation.
In these cases, the data controller ensures that there is a legal basis for the data transfer and that user personal data is protected. This protection may involve, for example, the use of (if necessary) standard contractual clauses approved by relevant authorities and the requirement for adherence to appropriate technical and other data protection measures.
10. How long will my information be retained?
We retain your information for at least the duration of the customer relationship. After the termination of the customer relationship, the retention period depends on the type of information and its purpose. For example, identification information is retained for five years after the termination of the customer relationship, and information about potential customers is generally retained for six months from the date of collection. We comply with legal obligations regarding data retention.
We strive to keep the personal data we hold accurate and up-to-date by removing unnecessary information and updating outdated data. However, we encourage you to periodically review the accuracy of your information.
11. How is your personal information protected?
We protect your personal information very carefully by employing appropriate data protection and security measures. These measures include proactive and reactive risk management, the use of firewalls, encryption techniques, secure facilities for devices, access control, and security systems. We also implement security planning, controlled granting and monitoring of access rights, ensuring the competence of staff involved in the processing of personal data through training and assessments, and careful selection of subcontractors. We continuously update our internal practices and guidelines accordingly.
12. Your rights as our customer
We are committed to data processing in accordance with data protection regulations and provide our users with the following choices and control options related to privacy:
Direct Marketing Opt-out:
Users have the right to prohibit the disclosure and processing of their data for direct marketing, distance selling, and other direct marketing purposes by contacting our customer service.
Users have the right to inspect the personal data stored about them. Upon the user's request, we correct, delete, or supplement personal data that is incorrect, unnecessary, incomplete, or outdated for the purpose of processing. Users can update and/or review their personal information by contacting our customer service.
Users can clear cookies from their browser settings. By clearing cookies regularly, the user changes the identifier on which a profile is based on past behavior. However, clearing cookies does not completely stop data collection; rather, it resets the profile based on previous behavioral data.
Consent for Location Data:
Users can give their consent for the use of location data through device and application settings. Through these settings, users can also withdraw their consent at any time.
13. Can this Privacy Statement be modified?
We continually develop our services and reserve the right to modify this privacy statement by providing notice within our services. Changes may also be based on changes in legislation. We recommend regularly reviewing the content of the privacy statement.